Saturday, February 21, 2009

addictions

I think the time has come in my life to admit that I am addicted to.............reading.

I have always been a big reader, I can’t remember a time in my life when I wasn’t reading, but as I grow older my addiction grows worse.

I have to have a book in my hand, and I have to be reading something, at all times.

This is why my dishes don’t get washed, my floors aren’t swept, projects in my sewing room go unfinished and canvases are stacked against the wall with no paint on them.

I try to control it, I really do, but right now my pile of works to be read continues to grow and some days I worry it may grow completely out of the ceiling.

Does anyone know if there is a program for this addiction?

1 comment:

Aunt Jenny said...

I am right there with ya! I have a paperback book in my purse at all times (a knitting mystery right now) a book by "my" chair in the family room, a book on the coffee table in the living room and a book in the car...all for just in case. Usually the main one I am reading is the family room one.I can't resist have a few around so I don't ever have to go without reading. So if you find a program to rid us of this addiction...I will attend with you..haha.